NOAA World Ocean Atlas/Database:
- Quality Controlled Data Online
- Analyzed Fields Online
World Ocean Atlas
– WOAselect – Search & Retrieval Tool
- Searchable Images Online
World Ocean Atlas Figures
- Regional Climatologies
Gulf of Mexico Regional Climatologies
You can also go directly to the Ocean Climate Laboratory’s Product Page for more information on World Ocean Atlas/Database products.
- Global Ocean Heat and Salt Content 1955-2010
Warming of the World Oceans 1955-2003; Heat Content 2004
- Our Ocean Archive System can also be queried for temperature data.
- Global Temperature-Salinity Profile Program (GTSPP) – access to upper ocean observations from an international program, in cooperation with Canada’s Marine Environmental Data Service (MEDS). The GTSPP focuses on managing temperature and salinity data collected after 1990, and after a three month lag with additional quality control procedures, is incorporated into the World Ocean Database (WOD).
- U.S. Coastal Water Temperature Guide – get near real-time and long term averages of coastal water temperature from buoys and other coastal stations. For historical buoy data see NODC’s Marine Environmental Buoy Website.
- Argo Daily Data – Argo daily data include real-time and delayed-mode profiles of ocean temperature and salinity (and conductivity, if any) measured by the Argo profiling floats.
- Remotely sensed temperature data from satellites and sea surface temperature (SST) images.
- Atlas of Temperature-Salinity Frequency Distributions on CD-ROM – International Ocean Atlas Series: Volume 4 (2 discs)
- Historical air temperatures
- Real-time air temperatures from NOAA’s National Weather Service
- Customized temperature datasets can also be obtained by contacting User Services.
- See also: Major oceanographic program data